CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The old hitchin post

I'm sitting here, going through some of my favorite blogs, among those are http://crummychurchsigns.blogspot.com/ and http://underpaidkeptwoman.blogspot.com/ and http://mattresspolice.com
.....when...

Shorty and Monster Monkey come into the room, they are playing cars. Not the movie, but crawling around on the floor with matchbox cars, and they are not only making them roll, they are making them talk. Too cute, right? I glance down adoringly, but say nothing because that will distract them and make them bug me...I'm still on cuppo coffee #1, don't bug me yet!

Anywho, they're playing and I'm reading and laughing when I hear.....(wait for it)

Dum Dum De Dum....Dum Dum De Dum...Dum Dum De Dum Dum...Dum Dum De Dum

I can't keep quiet in my corner at this one. I turn and say, "Are your cars getting married?" Shorty looks up and say "Yes Mama, they have to!" hmm... "They have to? Why?" At which point, Shorty rolls her eyes at me and informs me, "Because they love each other!"

Ohhh! Well that makes sence. Then I get more of the exciting and romantic coutship of these two cars. Apparently, the boy car was walking one day and wolf whistled at the girl car. That was the start of a wonderful, whorlwind of a time...totaling, oh about 5 minutes of dancing, sight-seeing and *shhh* kissing. And then they upped and decided to marry.

The "cars" are now eating their breakfast, but I predict that they will soon form a crime fighting duo, with I love you's thrown inbetween all the action of bad-guy butt-kicking. I also predict that the relationship will last about 45 minutes, at which point, the cars will forcefully throw themselves at one-another in attempt to kill eachother, and the children will both come screaming to me with the words "she did/he did" on their lips.

Bone Head is watching cartoons. My children (esp him) watch too much TV. My "good mom" is coming out and I plan on kicking him out in the *gasp* sunshine after this episode is over. Princess Pout is also on the couch, and yep, she's pouting. She's still sore after yesterday's episode of me telling her she could not do her chores.

Picture this: Yesterday, around 2 pm, bright and sunny day, after all morning and early afternoon of allowing the monsters-erm I mean adorable munchkins-to play outside and at friends' houses, I call them in for chore time. I line everyone out with the assigned chores of the day and set them to it. Smiling faces all around, and smilie faces on the chore chart. Until...Monster Monkey is already done with his chores, so he wantes to help Princess Pout move the chairs so that she can sweep the floor under the table. All heck breaks loose. P.P. screams at him, and pushes him across the room. "I want to do my chores!" Mom (me) comes running to see what's going on. I explain to P.P that MM is only trying to help, and she's having none of it. After ushering MM on to another chore, PP keeps up the asault on everyone's ears. At that point, I'm just done. I take the broom away from her and send her to her room. All the while, she's yelling "I want to do my chores!"

Now isn't that a different one?

We'll be starting chore time earlier today, and I can't wait to see what happens today!

Note: Figure out some way to explain why two girl horses aren't going to magically have a baby, just because there are two horses.

1 comments:

robkroese said...

At least the girl horses won't HAVE to get married.

Thanks for the mention. Although, um, not to nitpick, but the link to my site is broken.