CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

It's Raining Hay

I just spent too much money on 4 bales of hay. Grrr...I hate square bales. Overall, the cost to pound ratio is much better for a "round" bale of hay. Say 800-1200 pounds is $80 to $100. Which if we use the 1200/100 breaks down to about $1.20 a pound. Square bales are 50 pounds and cost $14 so that means $3.50 a pound. Hmmmm something isn't right here.

But I couldn't get a large bale today...I could only afford a few squares until we get paid. Joy! Oh and I got to load them up in the Yukon. Even more fun, now I get to vacuum it all out.

oh and a ps...I would have had enough hay to last out the time, but some of it went bad, due to the rain. The awful rain.....I really need to get the lean-to built to put the hay in.

Anywho...we're selling our Quarter Horse...so if anyone out there wants a 13 hands, reddish-brown B*, let me know. She needs a seriously experianced trainer with time and is up for a challenge. This person should also be fearless cause she likes to kick for no reason, and you can't touch her feet with a ten-foot pole. I must admit that we thought we were up for the challenge, but oh so not. So...she's up for sale....I'll take $400 for her, and that's just pathetic.

Actually, I'd really like to find her a good home where the people have tons of time and experiance to try to train her. She's a horse's horse and pretty much has no respect for people. Which is sad.

Monkey is running around the house and outside without a shirt on. He's gotta be freezing. Silly kid.

In public embaressing mom moment: At local mexican restaurant, ordered a stawberry daquari....oh so yummy! Monkey wants to taste cause there's a lot of whipped cream on the top. I say, "No kiddo, you can't taste it, it's alcohol." (I've taught my children about alcohol, by name, they know they can't have it). He replies, "But Daddy gives me alcohol!" Quite loudly.
My husband, Captian, doesn't give our children alcohol, just so you know! My wonderful little son was just trying his darnedest to get some of that yummy-looking pink stuff.

Which reminds me of when Bone Head was about a year old. I took him out to McD's and he was impatient for his soda. He started yelling "beer, beer, beer"....which is what he was currently calling anything good to drink. I gotta lot of strange looks for that one. I think, because of us drinking beer, and the fact that he couldn't have any, made it work out in his head that it must be super-yummy.

I don't know what goes on in the minds of kids...but if anyone truely ever figures it out, they are going to be quite popular.

And so, I leave you with this parting thought.....Autumn isn't nearly as fun when the leaves that have fallen don't crunch when you step on them. Darn rain...........

0 comments: