CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Ugh, Flies!

I have a rather serious issue. We have about a zillion flies in the house. They are begining to swarm.

Captain said it was because I was keeping the horses's grain in the family room/office/junk room. He moved the grain to the garage (where now the mice can get it), and we still have flies.

Why do we have flies? Because it's cold outside and warm in here. We open the windows in the family room to smoke when it's a nasty day (don't yell at me, door to the rest of the house is shut and children are not allowed in the room!). Flies come in those windows. And they come in the doors, because having 4 children and currently 3 adults living in the house...the doors open ALOT.

I don't blame the flies. I would search for some warm place too. But they must go! One decided to share my coffee with me this morning. And there's at least 4 very drunk flies around here somewhere. Left a bit of vodka & mt dew sitting out in a cup last night, hoping to KILL the darn things. When I got up, there were 4 in there, but oh so not dead....really slow though! *evil laugh*

I can't swat these darn things. They don't land. They just fly around and around in the middle of the room. Sometimes sending out scouts to the out-lieing areas to search for food, and the occasional cup of coffee or vodka.

And so, it's all-out war at my house! Coming soon to a corner near me...fly strips, fly bait, fly killer ala mode. If it claims to get rid of flies, I'm getting it! But I gotta get paid first....until then I'll cover my coffee cup and vodka (or whatever), and walk the edge of the room....not through the middle were the evil masses of flying demon-spawn have taken up residence. Yeah.

two more days, two more days, little flies...just wait.

0 comments: