CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, December 6, 2007

Thrifty Christmas

My house will be full of crabby kids today. 3/4 of said crabs are in the begining stages of the stomache yuck that I'm just now getting over. Yes I've been sick all this time I've been writing and feeding horses and all that. Feeling much better today, just in time to take care of sickies. Yippeee



Yesterday's trip to pay bills turned out wonderfully!


Despite my stupid moments including, but not limited to: Feed store guy saying I was waddleing. Same feed store guy also asked stupid me "what can I get ya" to which I replied. "I need food" to which he laughed and said...."well we've got candy there, and some juice and soda and some yogurt". Yeah, um horse food, I normally goto the feed store for my groceries. Yeah thanks, it's just me, the waddleing lady who can't keep her places of consumerism straight.
He is a very nice guy, though (the feed store guy), even if he always make me smell something when I'm there. Yesterday it was yummy rose scented goat milk soap.


OH! But the wonderfullness! Monster Monkey was heartbroken after dropping the give-aways off at the thrift store. I mean, the whole nine yards, head hanging, tears just dropping like a storm, the old heartbroken cry. I caved. We went into the thrift store to look for a little replacement toy, to make him feel better.


So, we stood, we looked, we played. I waited and waited and waited. I told him which toy I'd get if I was him. I waited some more. I spied baby toys! **My sister-in-law is expecting! She's due in July, and I'm as excited as a little girl riding her first pony! I get to have a baby and give it back! Words cannot begin to convey my giddiness!** I scooped up all the toys that I really liked. Put a couple back, picked up a few more....ended up spending a whopping $1.75 on these....






As MM kept looking and trying to decide on which toy was the "coolest", my eye caught on something quite close. I tried to stay away, I tried my hardest, I promise!
I kept telling myself that we were only here to get something small for MM, and I'd already gone off that to get the baby toys.
But they were calling me. They were sceaming, I tell ya!
And so...


I came home with this! The sled is all metal and I fell in love with it the instant I saw it! It's about 2 feet tall. I'm not sure where I'm going to put it yet. I never know where I'm going to put anything. Not even things that I already have had up in the past. It's never the same two years in a row. BUT! I think it'd be adorable either in the bathroom, or near my door.



This wall hanging thingy is just wonderful! The snowmen are 3D! Again, NO clue where this is going. I'll either have to take something down, or put up more nails.


About this time the workers of the place came into the area with a large shopping cart and started putting MORE stuff out on the shelves and hangers.



The hordes flocked like sea gulls on a discarded salmon. They came out of the wood-work!


But I was in there, I saw, I grabbed...yes even out of the cart! LOL I asked first!


The ladies didn't have to "stock" half of the things in the cart, they were almost all snapped up by Christmas decoration hungry people like myself.


The snowman is a candle! The hat comes off and the candle is inside. It's never been lit...and I don't think it will be. Mr. Snowman looks a little freaky without the top of his head.
I got a few other really neat-o items but blogger hates me today and I can't upload anything else.
But trust me, they are neat!
I'm waiting a bit and seeing iff SIL wants to come with me back to the thrift store today. I want more!! I think this wonderful find is starting to break the ice, and my grinch-like heart is starting to thaw!
Maybe I'll allow Captain and the kids put up the tree this weekend....
OH! All this stuff, plus a Monopoly Jr game and MM's new toy car came to a grand total of $8.75. This was a garbage bag FULL! I'm going back!

0 comments: